Emotional self-management

I consider myself as a very honest person. When something is disgusting to me, I just express it, and I expect the same from people. If somebody disagrees with me I try not to cause any trouble, but of course it depends on the situation. Even though when I know I am right I always fight for my beliefs, even when I am not because I am very stubborn. In those terms I would believe that the most difficult emotions to be managed are:
- Anger 😡
- Irritability 😒
Influences on my thinking

In the current world there are many factor that may influence on our thinking. In the way I see it there are two of them that are all over the world and are the most known: fashion trendy, and the misconception of freedom.
Once a person is into the fashion world, it is inevitable that everything becomes around it. The dependency, and the desires about looking good for keeping appearences is insane.
Additionally, the misconception of freedom. Freedom does not implies that I am capable to do whatever I want to. There are some limits and those are to be respected.
I deal with this by being sensitive. I believe that you will be treated in the way you treated other people. Everything goes back to you, it does not matter if it was good or bad, you just get what you deserve.
Challenging Opinions
When I just came in the University I was really shy about challenging other people's opinions. Maybe I was kind of shy and it did not allowed me to express what in my mind was. Afterwards I felt comfortable enough. I started to give my opinions. Shyness is not part of me anymore if talking of giving opinions. I deal with it by being secure, self- confident and strong enough to express whatever I want to, of course being absolutely polite.
Reflection
According to Bodner's description of students I feel completely identified with it. I think that the way we have been educated, I mean, in a very traditional way, it did not permitted to explore and to learn by doing. Books and letters have been always in our enviroment, but what if we just change the starting point with activities that awake their curiosity and at the end of the path the answres to their questions will be answered by themselves and with an ironclad conviction.
This approach would have a great impact in education. The learning process is better when there is a desire to learn. So, I am very convinced that this is the right way not only to teach students but also to learn from them.
No hay comentarios.:
Publicar un comentario